"You're gonna be happy" said life,
"but first I will make you strong."
How hard is it to be happy?
By 15th December of every year I try to make a list of things I expect/ hope to win from the next year..And by the first week of January my life would already take a different turn so the list gets screwed up anyway.
Well, this year was different. This year I didn't wish for things like finding true love, or gaining weight, or even a pup for that matter or anything materialistic.
This year I wanted something that almost everybody craves for deep inside but fears to accept. Something that we think money, love or people can give us but can they really?
There are two kinds of people in this world. One whose actions affect u and ones whose don't. Human emotions are funny in that way given how easily its affected by people around you. But that's exactly what makes us a social animal. Win for your favourite team makes u happy, any movie you watch, your emotions flows with the plot like a log floating in the river. Now we know the first one isn't gonna affect us and the second one isn't even real, but we relate to it and its this ability that seperates us from sociopaths. But life ain't a match or a movie or a book it's so much more. You might not realise it but its a part of a big web, every string effects every other and you matter much more than u really know.
Happiness is a false sentiment..an illusion of reality. It doesn't need a reason. It doesn't specify a time.
In words of the great Leo Tolstoy " If you wanna be happy, be."
How hard is it to be happy I ask? It's not, really not. It's a choice, your choice. Being happy from within will make you see the world in a different way. You will see less of negativities and more of "perfect" in everything. When I convinced myself that no matter whatever happens I would never let anything take my happiness away, things changed. I'm not saying always be happy, because then that would make you a psychopath. What am saying is if there's something that's burning you down from within, try to recover faster than you usually do.
A friend of mine told me that the emotion "love" had nothing at all to do with the heart. It's all in the brain. I don't know why that made me upset but he made sense. The brain always goes for the easy option first. It's the brain that makes you remember the little things like somebody's fragrance, or something associated with their favourite colour or place or food. That fact kinda makes things easier doesn't it? Well if the heart had a role in love, we could have never got over breakups or people. So why stress or cry over things that is nothing but electric signals?
Day in and day out, you work your ass off hoping to achieve whatever u wish to, forgetting that achievements are momentary, its an event. What stays is the journey. Do what u love, do what will instantly bring a smile on your face no matter how crappy, insulting, embarassing it is. And, I mean that. I have done so many embarassing things, taken so many first moves, only because it would make me happy for that moment. I didn't care if that hurt my self-esteem, or ego. It made me happy. Nothing matters as long as you are happy. Nothing at all.
I have always been an overthinker, my close friends can vouch for that. I would think deeply about almost every tiny thing, and end up being more stressed. This year I let go of everything. I would think only about what am gonna eat for lunch or dinner because, you know food is priority one. Trust me, I haven't been more at peace. Thinking about what's gonna happen tomorrow, why did someone leave you today or who you're gonna end up with 7 years from now, what will that ever give you? Let it all go. See what stays. Keep, who stays through all this. Keep people you love close to you because one day if you end up being a billionaire I don't wana see you having dinner all by yourself in a fancy restaurant with nobody to share your happiness with. Take pride in being eccentric, try to be as real as u can.. its all that u can really do. But remember being successful and being happy are different, doesn't go hand in hand all the time. Take time for smaller pleasures in life, because without the smaller things in life the bigger things will never fit in.
Everything happens for a reason. It's all connected, I swear. So if you're hurt, broken, shattered by anything or anyone around you, trust me dear there's a good explanation to that. Give it time. Give time time and enjoy life as it flows.
And like they say, your smile will always be the most beautiful curve. :)
Great piece of work up there. Especially with the use of language and the way you expressed about how an individual feels.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin' :)
Thank you. Glad you liked it. 😃
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDont just do what makes you happy! Do what makes you great.
ReplyDeleteDo what makes you uncomfortable, stray a bit from the normal routine. Go outlandish.
those things will be tough and scary, and you wont be happy all the time, but will pay off on the long run...
well written dexter...thumbs up!!
Dexter! I always do what makes me uncomfortable and you know that. Thanks a lot.😊
DeleteFabulous, amazing, a masterpiece. Whatever the author has been mentioned in the above blog it's a realistic approach for a happy life that any one can excel it in their life and see the result . There are 100 reasons to be happy. Well done basabi. Keep it babu.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Sir. It really means a lot when someone like you appreciates my writing. You have and will always be my inspiration Sir. Thank you again.
DeleteNice, with restless unstoppable thoughts throughout the blog
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. Means a lot :)
DeleteSo if you're hurt, broken, shattered by anything or anyone around you, trust me dear there's a good explanation to that. Give it time. Give time time and enjoy life as it flows.
ReplyDeleteMasterpiece :) that's what u always say me.
And I want you to believe that and trust me. :)
Delete